Dr Richard N Kocsis
Dr Richard N. Kocsis is a Psychologist and Criminologist in private practice, based in Sydney, Australia. He is the author and co-author of numerous books, articles and conference papers on the subject of forensic psychology, criminology and violent crime. He is also an expert consultant to public and private sector organisations throughout Australia.
Some of Richard Kocsis' publications and articles include:
- Criminal Profiling: Principles and Practice by Richard N. Kocsis - provides a compendium of original scientific research on constructing a criminal profile for crimes that are not readily resolvable by conventional police investigative methods.
- The Criminal Profiling Reality: What is Actually Behind the Smoke and Mirrors? by Richard N. Kocsis - despite developments in both the research and investigative use of criminal profiling over the past four decades, empirical evaluation of the accuracy of the technique, and hence its validity, remains limited.
- Applied Criminal Psychology: A guide to forensic behavioral sciences edited by Richard N. Kocsis - book review published in the Journal of Investigative Psychology and Offender Profiling.
- Validities and Abilities in Criminal Profiling, A Critique of the Studies Conducted by Richard Kocsis and His Colleagues - abstract on Sage Journals.
- Does profiling really work? - an article from the American Psychological Association looking at criminal profiling, including an article by Richard N. Kocsis in the International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology.
Some recent press articles include:
- Breakthrough Research Supporting the Effectiveness of Criminal Profiling by Richard N. Kocsis - despite the well-known repute of criminal profiling through a multitude of movie and television portrayals it is surprising that scientifically robust testing of the technique has seldom occurred.
- The Parallels Between the Obstacles to Space Exploration and Criminal Profiling commentary by Richard N. Kocsis and George B. Palermo - compares the obstacles to space exploration with those facing criminal profiling.
- Unbelievable reality that fires were deliberately lit - this was an interview with Richard Kocsis on the ABC in 2001 about bushfires that were being deliberately lit.
More information and details of publications can be found: